- Include green tea in your diet. This beverage contains antioxidants and catechins which can help lower bad cholesterol levels. Also, the presence of caffeine helps to increase the level of good cholesterol. Black tea can also help to reduce the level of cholesterol but not as much as that of green tea because green tea has higher amounts of catechins present in it.
- Limit drinking soda. Soda contains high amounts of sugars which can increase your cholesterol levels. Drinking these sodas not just increases your LDL but also reduces your HDL level which helps in removing LDL from the body.
- Add soy milk to your diet. Instead of dairy milk, add soy milk to your diet. Replacing your regular dairy milk with soy milk can help reduce LDL cholesterol levels.
- Drink adequate amounts of water. Increasing your water intake can help to lower the LDL cholesterol. When you drink adequate amounts of water, the risks of developing obesity and diabetes are also reduced.
- Include tomato juice in your diet. Tomato juice contains lycopene which can help reduce cholesterol levels. It also consists of fibres which can help with cholesterol levels.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.